The objects of my shadow box represent who the true me is. My chosen identity and my counter narratives define myself from the dominant narrative that some people have. My assigned identity doesn’t let me do what men do because of being female and with this sometimes I feel blue and I try to get the blue out by making drawing. But I can’t because blue is my favorite color and for me it represents the sky and the ocean. I have always wished to be a hummingbird or a turtle after I die because they are free with no rules or asked from what Race they are or where they come from. But, for now, I need to enjoy my life and I enjoy it by making bracelets/jewelry even though I have the blue problem. I’m worried for another problem like immigration because my parents are Mexican but I’m not. I respect where they come from because they are solid working people that don’t want to cross the wall. They need to be in the U.S but some people with dominant narrative don’t let them be free with their chosen identity. This shadow box shows who I am in my true words and objects not as dominant narrative. People say negative comments that are not true so this is my shadow box to fight against them and some quotes I hope you love. 

CC BY-SA 4.0 Me and My Shadow Box by Areli is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.