By: Jesus Ramirez

The objects inside of this box show who I am and my counter narrative. When people see me, they think of a Mexican kid who probably does a lot of negative actions and gets in trouble. I am the opposite, I love to respect others if they respect me. I love art and I just love to look different compared to other people. I chose the colors purple and black because I feel like those two colors are really weird. They represent how different I am. I chose pictures of me as a smaller kid because I wanted people to know what it was like to grow up as a male. I had a really good childhood, I loved being male and I felt comfortable in my body. I chose the art supplies because I am an artist. I have always loved art with all of my heart, it had taken up most of my childhood. From drawing little doodles to drawing very good landscapes. I also have loved music since I was a kid. I have worked in the music industry as a small producer, I tried to make a small studio with a laptop computer to show how I made music using only a usb connected keyboard and a microphone. And finally I chose Mexican ornaments because I am a Mexican and I love my culture. So using the ornaments, I was able to really show that I know what it is like to be a Mexican.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Fighting Against Dominant Narratives by Jesus is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.