When people see me they will normally think that I’m White because of my skin color and the way I talk but in reality I am a Latino human being. When people look at this shadow box they will ask me why the pictures of the bands and my answer to that is no I am not emo but really like music and these two are my favorite albums and they are my favorite band, what I’m trying to say is that I really like music and that’s my main identity I’m a music lover really can’t do anything without music, music is what keeps me going and it’s what gives me ideas. If you are wondering why there is a picture of me, the answer to that is just for you to see me. The gun with the cross means that video games do not cause violence. The Switch and the games mean that I am a video game lover and that I play a lot of video games. The word beaner is a dominant narrative that people say about Latino people. The game that is on my shadow box is my favorite game and the game that I have been laying for so long.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Artist Statement by Erick is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.