✧・゚: *✧・゚:* my little autobiography *:・゚✧*:・゚✧
by Katarina Polick

(audio version)

Hi! There are a few things you should know about me…

My name is Kataring Polick. There aren’t really any specific connotations tied to my name, however I know that my first name has Greek and Scandinavian origins.

I have lived all my life in the United States; although my parents have relatives in Europe (I’m not exactly sure where).

I was born in the spring of 2004. I don’t have any siblings, and I’ve lived in New York my entire life; however, I have always wanted to live in the countryside ever since I was little. Within the state of New York, me and my parents often travel to our relatives in Staten Island and Upstate New York.

Throughout my life, I’ve always attended school in Manhattan. First, I went to a public elementary school called PS40, and a middle school called MS104 Simon Baruch; both of which I have extremely fond memories of. Harvest Collegiate is also not the first high school that I have studied at. I actually transferred to Harvest as a sophomore after spending one year (9th grade) at a high school called Quest to Learn High School. I really love all of the schools I went to since I was able to meet so many amazing people!

During my life, I’ve traveled to many different countries including; Austria, Belgium, Slovakia, the Czech Republic, Berlin, Hungary, and Germany. I can also speak multiple languages such as English (my first language), Spanish, French, Czech, and a little bit of Japanese (im still currently learning that one). I enjoy learning new languages, since it helps me understand the country’s respective culture on a deeper level.

I love drawing, more specifically I really enjoy drawing characters and comics. I’m also quite fond of reading as well as writing in my free time. I’m currently really interested in practicing archery, and I find tournaments really fun. Aside from all that, I also love traveling and learning about history. Most days I prefer to sit at my desk with my laptop and read. I really like the works of Alexander Dumas, specifically his novel; The Count of Monte Cristo. I also really like reading the works of Dazai Osamu, and the manga series Bungou Stray Dogs (which is a series depicting lots of influential Japanese authors with a modernized twist). I also often find myself doing crafts such as knitting, crochet, and embroidery (I’ve recently picked up that hobby since I love doing quiet crafts like sewing). I’m also quite fond of writing essays, which to some might sound a bit strange, but analyzing and interpreting different works of literature in my own way is one of my favorite things to do.

My family is really important to me. My mom and my dad have always been extremely supportive, and I’ll always be really thankful for that. I also love visiting all of my other relatives every summer, since I always have so much fun. :>

I consider myself extremely lucky to have been able to have the chance to meet so many wonderful people this year, and I look forward to having an amazing educational experience here at Harvest Collegiate. Thank you!

CC BY-SA 4.0 Kat’s Bio by Katarina Polick is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Catherine 2 weeks ago

Hi Katarina,
    My name is Catherine and I was very impressed by your bio. You have very mature interests for your age; we’re actually around the same age. I also enjoy reading recreationally, and travelling to different places. I’ve been to a few countries including: France, Jamaica, and England. I’m really excited to be travelling to Germany with my orchestra for spring break! I’m really excited to see what you write about next.

2. Maevon 3 weeks ago

Dear Katarina
    I am intrigued by your bio, “Kat’s Bio,” because of some of your accomplishments. First off, you can speak 4 nearly 5 languages with very impressive. Most people can’t even speak two. I can only speak English and Spanish, so that is very impressive to me and probably most people. Additionally, something else I read in your bio that intrigues me is that you play archery. I have tried archery many times when I was at summer camp and I always found it very difficult, so that fact that you play in tournaments is very impressive.
    One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “’I’m also quite fond of writing essays” I think this is surprising because most people despise writing essays. Since most people hate essay writing that fact that you don’t show that you are probably a good writer because it is something you enjoy.
    Another sentence that I found interesting was: “ I actually transferred to Harvest as a sophomore after spending one year (9th grade) at a high school called Quest to Learn High School. I really love all of the schools I went to, since I was able to meet so many amazing people!.” This stood out for me because you say you really enjoyed all you past schools, but you switched schools. This makes me wonder why but you obviously don’t need to say why.
    Your post reminds me of my memories from my old schools. Like you I have amazing memories from my middle school and elementary school. Whether the memories are from school, or out of school reading the section in you bio that’s about your old school reminds me of my old schools.
    Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next because you are clearly a great writer. Your bio was very clear and felt somewhat like a formal piece but also felt like you were talking to me about your life. This makes me look forward to seeing what you write next.

Maevon Cohen