There are a few things you should know about me. My name is Penelope Azuris. I am a child of immigrants. My father is from Dominican Republic and so is my mother . My father and mother met in Venezuela but moved to Dominican Republic with their families. My mom is a hairdresser and my father was a truck driver.

I was born in a hospital in Brooklyn on October 12, 2005. My parents and my brothers were living in an apartment in high bridge. When i turned 4 years old my parents and my brothers all moved to an apartment in east harlem where I still live till this day. I grew up watching my father going in and out of hospitals. When I was born, my dad was already sick so, he didn’t have much time to live. My mom tried her best to keep him alive but he died when I was 5 years old.

For preschool I went to Montessori. My mom had to pay 1,000 dollars a month to keep me in the school. After that, and I started to get bigger the workers was telling my mom that I should keep on going to that school and enroll for kindergarten but my mom lost a lot of money trying to save my dad so she decided to put me in a public school that my brothers went to. I went to the school for kindergarten and the rest of elementary at P.S 165. After that i went to west side collaborative but mid-way of 7th grade i transferred to Lafayette academy. I graduated from there and now I go to harvest collegiate high school.

I am Dominican, Italian, Arabic and Haitian. My mother is Dominican and Italian. My father was Arabic and Haitian. Im such a weird mix. I was born and raised in New York. I never moved to no other place but my brothers have lived in Dominican republic with my mom and dad but that was before I was born.

Well that’s a little bit about me well kinda, it was like a little story about me.

Sincerely, Penelope   

CC BY-SA 4.0 The Mixed Girl by Penelope is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.