1. Horyna 7 days ago

Hey Johnathan, this article is awesome! I am the editor of the school newspaper at Judge Memorial. I totally agree with the fact that news has gone much more digital and that it is less common for readers to pick up than a physical newspaper. I think it is so interesting and adds a valuable personal element to the story that you interviewed and have quotes from people who have been directly impacted by this change. In regards to how the media is affecting newspapers, I think you should take a look at this article https://www.theguardian.com/media-network/media-network-blog/2014/jan/30/digital-world-changing-concept-news . A reporter for The Guardian discusses how the digital world has not only changed how we consume news but has also changed the way in which journalists report/write their articles. Thank you so much! I look forward to reading more of your articles! I hope you write more in regards to the media and how it interacts with the modern world!

2. Prerna 3 weeks ago

I have also noticed a decrease in print throughout my life. Like you said, print is a dying industry because we are in the digital age. Kids would rather have thousands of free, personalized, articles at their fingertips than big pages of text that only come once a week. We can hope that eventually people will begin to realize that print is a useful tool, yet until then, this is the reality we live in. Overall, however, your essay was very interesting and a good reminder of the negative effects of technology.

3. Ethel McKinney 3 months ago

Wonderful article. Kinda sad because it’s true.

4. Terry Vaughn 3 months ago

Your article is so true and well written. The Oxford Eagle has also been hit. It does not print on Monday and prints a weekend edition on Saturday. That means that if you want to know football scores , you have to go to the internet or wait until they print on Tuesday. They mostly just print Ole Miss sports. I used to work at the Oxford Eagle inserting ads. We were doing up to 40-50 ads at Thanksgiving, but now they do only about 5. I was a long time subscriber, but dropped it a few months ago. Not much news on four pages.

5. Tammie Sledge 3 months ago

Awesome article!!