,

Poetry is a form of expression portrayed through art. This is proven many, many, many different poems. Every poem you read is art. The beautiful piece of art I’ve chosen is “The Tyger” by William Blake. One big question this poem raises is if I as a person can look at myself as highly as Blake looks at this Tyger. This poem shows how Blake symbolizes something in his life he greatly appreciated by using The Tyger

The way that Blake starts the poem with the last line of the first stanza with, “Could frame thy fearful symmetry? “, leaves us with a sign of confusion since we lack knowledge of what the Tyger is to become. The comment clearly establishes a basic understanding of how Blake leaves us at the beginning of the poem with a sense of suspense but closes off with “Dare frame thy fearful symmetry?” which close out with us knowing that this Tyger is great but what dare goes against it?

This comment stands out to me in particular because it opens up my eyes to a perspective I haven’t thought from. Maybe the Tyger is being represented this way because Blake wants to deepen our understanding of the Tyger. Angelina has helped me realize that the Tyger is being shown as big and bright but also as strong, fearless and untouchable.

The two questions that this poem raises for me are: “Do I look at myself as bright as this Tyger? and “Does this Tyger has any flaws?” The question I want to go in depth with is “Do I look at myself the same way Blake looks at this Tyger?” The poem does not necessarily answer this question but it does give us some insight into finding one. It’d take some self-reflection, but also some comparison. The Tyger is so great, bright and undying which can’t be touched by anything.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Can I Look At Myself The Way Blake Looks At This Tyger? by Joshua is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.