1. Sophia 2 weeks ago

Hi Janley!
    I’m from a city and though it is much smaller compared to Chicago I can understand how difficult it could be. I also spend my summers in Chicago and while its very accessible for pedestrians its difficult to get to on side to the other. I support this campaign and here’s some information on the CTA website (https://www.transitchicago.com/reduced-fare-programs/).

Thanks again for sharing your thoughts!
    Sophia

2. Dekyra 5 months ago

Dear Janely, I thought that free CTA pass for high schools students was interesting in your post. I agree when you say that most students come late because, they don’t have transportation to school, I feel like if they gave students free CTA passes kids would be on time everyday for school. Your post has me thinking if the admin at the school understand what we are saying and if they’re on the same page as us.

3. William 5 months ago

Dear Janely,
    I thought that your idea of the upass was interesting in this post. I agree when you say people may not have enough money to pay for bus rides all school years because when I was a freshman I relied on my parents to give me bus fare to get to school but, I felt this was a burden to put 15 dollars on my bus card every week. Your post has me thinking of some questions. I wonder, did you think about who we might have to contact to make this happen, if so who?

• Janely Sanchez 5 months ago

Hello Wiliam.
      My group actually met up with the “Active Transportation Alliance” yesterday. Lynda, who is the organizer of this group had the idea of allowing 18-year-olds and above to have 50% off the already reduced fare. while students below 18 travel for free- since most don’t have jobs yet.

4. Sheyla 6 months ago

I think this is a good idea because many students struggle to find a way to get to school and don’t have the money to pay for a ride. By getting this students won’t have to worry about any of that and will be very helpful.

5. Dennis 6 months ago

I think this idea is beneficial for a lot of students who struggle to get to school. This could help increase attendance rates therefore improving the education of students.

6. David 6 months ago

I personally think this is a great idea since many students not only do not have everyday transportation but lack the funds to be able to pay for a bus ride or two on weekdays . This would make students education a lot easier as they would not have to worry about getting to school everyday.

7. Marbella M Gil 6 months ago

I agree with your statement because many students struggle with transportation when it comes to coming to school and going back. Students shouldn’t have to struggle with transportation when it comes to school since school is mandatory and since we have a time when they want us to come in.

8. Leslie 6 months ago

I agree with this idea, I honestly think that this will be good for students. Yet, is it for all Cps or high school students? Anyways this can work and have a positive impact on the students as a whole.