Living in a city, there is a likely chance that you experienced pollution. This is especially encountered in minority communities where many factories are placed. Factories produce many chemicals into the atmosphere that directly impact those around it. Our goal is to reduce our contribution in pollution. To do so, we plan on discussing with factories around the Back of the Yards community in hopes that less people are negatively affected.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Improving our communities by Dulce is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Tomas 2 weeks ago

Dulce, I think your opinion truly matters. Factories and their pollution truly affect a large population of citizens in certain communities. These people shouldn’t have to deal with such quality of life from their surroundings. Here is a link that shows that certain people are more effected by air pollution than others: https://eos.org/articles/some-communities-feel-the-effects-of-air-pollution-more-than-others. It says that African Americans are the ones most affected. I think your point is high priority, especially with how climate change is a governmental topic that is being discussed. I hope your plan goes well, and I am excited to see how it goes.

2. Kylie 2 weeks ago

I agree with you saying we need to reduce pollution in our atmosphere and asking factories for their locations so it won’t negatilvey affect many communties children’s.

3. Juan 4 weeks ago

I would rather discuss the city council of Chicago about the factories in the areas, since they’re the reason those factories are there in the first place.

4. Samuel 1 month ago

Compromising with factories might be difficult, as they may be reluctant to make changes, possibly for economic reasons. However, making demands will make the companies more transparent. Enforcing regulations will benefit the community drastically by improving the air quality.

5. Jose 1 month ago

I feel like it is very important to talk about pollution because if we do not stop it now it can be very negative and it can impact all of humanity in the long run.

6. Jose 1 month ago

It sounds like a great idea, Dulce! Factories impact the communities a lot and has a higher risk of causing developments of asthma in kids, so we should do our best to decrease the amount of pollution in the air to help better the quality of life to people in our communities!

7. Jose 1 month ago

I agree with your statement and I think it is a really good idea for BOYCP people to go out and talk to those factories in order to reduce the pollution around the community, we as student should go out and talk and protest in order for those factories to reduce their pollution rate.

8. Danny 3 months ago

Hi Dulce, I agree that it is essential to improve our communities. Additionally, developing communities can help us to make new friends, learn some new skills, contribute to our society. Here is a link probably you may be interested in: https://www.onefamily.com/talking-finance/wellbeing/six-ways-to-help-your-community/.

9. Abbey 5 months ago

Improving communities and the air that we all breathe is such an important topic. I agree that something must be down about lowering the levels of air pollution because especially in Utah, it is a large problem in the winter making it harder and harder to breathe. Thank you for bringing such an important topic to light, I look forward to reading your future writing.

10. Dennis 9 months ago

This is a very important topic because pollution can be very harmful and by taking care of this issue, we will improve living conditions for all. If we don’t do something now, we will then face tremendous consequences.

11. Marbella M Gil 9 months ago

I agree with what you are trying to do because we should be able to live in a clean environment and take care of it as well, at the end of the day we are the ones that are going to pay the consequences once we dont have any green resources

12. Nereida 9 months ago

Improving the communities is important because that where we live and should be able to feel safe at least in our own community because that’s our home. A lot of these factories are polluting the air and it affects us in the long run.