In the 15th line of the last stanza, Olds in this line was basically just comparing how people love the pleasure but not the one actually causing this pleasure.  She writes, “love the priest instead of the god”. People are confusing love and pleasure. This line is very interesting because it is interesting how she can compare both religion and sexual intercourse from each other. The question that this line raises for me is, how can people have sexual intercourse without actually getting attached. The poem answers the question by comparing sex to certain things.

I wonder if I am the only person that disagrees with people having sexual intercourse without any strings attached? The poem answers my question because the author is confused about the same thing as me. The poet answers this question by explaining her feelings and her experience. Some words that she used that showed the point of the poem by saying, ‘’not love the one who came there with them, light rising slowly as steam off their joined skin?’’ this shows how the poet is questioning sexual intercourse without an actual relationship. This makes me wonder if everyone goes through the same thing when it comes to having a sexual relationship.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Questions about “Sex Without Love” by Sharon Olds by Jaylin is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. youthvoices.live 2 months ago

There is a fine prize for victory. youthvoices.live
    http://bit.ly/2KAqsiS