1. Kheriya 8 months ago

Hey Jaqueline, this post is heartbreaking but interesting. I never knew the amount of teens that are homeless in Chicago. I love how you took the time to find this information and share in with us. Everything you said in this post stood out to me. I will look forward to seeing your future posts.

2. Janet 9 months ago

Hey Jaqueline,
    I think you have a very interesting topic. This is a reality that no one really talks about. Homelessness alone is a problem in Chicago and it’s sad to hear students are also being affected. Having to deal with school work and after school activities is had enough we should help students in these situations so they’re sole focus is making a better future for themselves regardless of their conditions. I’d be interested in hearing your ideas on how to help with this problem.

3. audrey 11 months ago

hi Jaqueline I think its amazing that you’re spreading awareness about homelessness in Chicago! I notice how you used an appeal to emotion in your article which I think is a great approach so people will be motivated to help. I agree with your statement that cities “should be helping these students out and offer a shelter of these children so they can continue attending school and live in a safe place.” This is important so that public areas can be used for the purpose they were designed for, I took a survey of the people on my social media and over 50% said homelessness is a problem in their communities that needs to be addressed. Personally I think that homeless people, especially children and students, should be helped in any way possible.

4. Muzammil 11 months ago

Hey Jaqueline,
    I find this surprising that the number of homeless Chicago children and teens is so high. It’s hard to see that a portion from that don’t belong to a parent/guardian. However, what could we do to support cities such as New York, Los Angeles, and Miami, in which they have higher homeless rates and worse conditions for our younger folks? Check this article out and see how this can help and apply to the solution you’re trying to figure out: https://www.vox.com/2014/5/30/5764096/homeless-shelter-housing-help-solutions

Good Luck,
    Muzammil (Seattle)

5. Maggie 12 months ago

Hi Jaqueline!
    I think this is a real interesting topic. Hearing about the homelessness is Chicago is heart breaking and I’d love to hear more about it and find out how I can help! I found another cool website about this here: https://www.chicagohomeless.org/programs-campaigns/advocacy-public-policy/no-youth-alone/

Best Wishes,
    Maggie Harmston (Utah)