The street I grew on
The street I call home
The street I learned to ride my first bike on
The street I got my first scar on
The street where I learned how to throw a ball
The street where I chalked on
The street where I almost died on
The street where I had my first fight on
The street I came home to every day

CC BY-SA 4.0 41st by Kheriya is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Tasha Crittle 2 months ago

Dear khierya :

I was very interested on how you describe the the poem and how you connected yourself the street you lived on
    One stanza that stood out to me was “The street where I almost died on” i think this line was very important to me because it showed that something traumatic had happened to you
    Your poem reminds me of a poem that I once it was very interesting to me
    Thanks for your poem. I look forward to seeing what you make next.

2. Isaias 4 months ago

Dear Khierya:

I am interested on your poem, “41st,” because on how deeply connected you were with the street you lived on. I know it special where allot of your first happened and where you went home.

One stanza that stands out for me is, “The street I came home to every day” I think this line is special because even though you fought and scraped yourself it was a place you always returned too.

Your poem reminds me of a poem that I once . It was very satisfying to read this poem.

Thanks for your poem. I look forward to seeing what you make next. I hope you deeply enjoyed writing this and that you can continue your work it gave me peace knowing that a place that can sometimes be painful wether it be emotional or pysical can be a place that you can return to sleep and continue living.