Youth in my Race and Social Justice class were given the opportunity to present at The Brooklyn Public Library for a program called Brooklyn Connections. On Friday 24, we are to present our Civil Rights project. Our project was based the different protests during the Civil Rights Movement, some of these include Ebinger Bakery, Operation Clean sweep, Downstate Medical Center, Bibuld Family, and the School Boycott. This project gave me a whole different perspective on the Civil Rights Leaders. One thing I learned is that there is still an Operation Clean Sweep in Brooklyn but its not as bad as before. Also what I took away from the project and find it really helpful is the Bibuld family was the main reason there is an end to segregated schools. This is personally connected to me coming from a mixed High School in long island and the transition to a “predominantly Black high school” is just amazing and important to me that I learned and embraced my Black culture more than the other school I was in.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Embracing My Black Culture by Mckenzie is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.