In the beginning, the goal of my project and the reason why I chose to discuss Global Warming was to raise awareness of Global Warming. I hoped to spread awareness and advocate about the negative impacts of the long-time rise in temperatures around the world. Global Warming is an increase in the Earth’s surface temperature which is causing dramatic temperature changes around the world. Together, I hoped that I and my followers can learn and prevent Global Warming to ensure a better future. My project has come a long way and has been successful in more ways than I could have imagined.

My project has received attention to extents I never have expected. One of my biggest accomplishments included 25 total views between one week distributed throughout multiple posts. This also consisted of 6 visitors, 6 likes and 25 views between April 15, 2019 – April 21, 2019. Another success is exemplified by my second best week with an alarming 19 views and 14 visitors.

In addition, on February 26, 2019, I reblogged an interesting post under the title of Evidence that humans are responsible for global warming hits ‘gold standard’ certainty level. The original publisher liked my comment shortly afterward. Iowa Climate Science Education has 609 followers (currently), posts regularly and is very invested in Climate Change. I was flabbergasted and proud when they noticed my content.

Throughout this project I learned about the process of creating a successful blog. I learned how to have a larger reach and how to promote my posts on social media and the benefits of doing that. I learned a lot about Global Warming and the importance of Climate Change. If I had to complete my project all over again, I may focus on discussing how we can help prevent Global Warming from manifesting any more. I would also discuss more facts and significant information about Global Warming and its impact.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Reflection on Digital Activism Project: The Journey of Global Warming Activism by Madison is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Alejandro 4 months ago

Dear Madison,
    My name is Alejandro Delgadillo and I am a student at BOYCP. I think it is great that you are raising awareness for global warming and my group and I are also trying to spread awareness through creating a Facebook page. We are planning to have our first meeting on June 13th to talk about what exactly what we want to do. Everyone is getting affected by global warming and since we are the next generation, we have to make a change because otherwise no will fight for us. I am hoping to get information on how I can make the page grow and get more people to help out.
    Thank you, Alejandro Delgadillo

2. Michelle 4 months ago

Dear Madison,
    Hello, my name is Michelle, I am a student form BOYCP .
    My teammate and i are doing a similar action plan as well regards to climate change. I agree that we as humans are responsible for the damage we do to the planet. People are not aware of the negative aspects of climate change. As our action plan, we would like to spread the word and get people to be knowledge about it. We would like to hear some tips from you and your opinion.
    Thank you, Michelle

3. Giselle 4 months ago

Dear Madison,
    Hello, my name is Giselle and I am a student at BOYCP. I’m also doing a similar action like your’s and I’m trying to spread awareness of climate change. I agree with you that global warming is happening and not only us but animals and the environment is getting affected by global warming and people should be more informed bout this issue. I would like some tips from you on how to get our action plan going and spread the word on climate change. Thanks!
    Sincerely, Giselle