Our digital activism project was to support Planned Parenthood clinics. Planned Parenthood is being  defunded because of their connection to abortions. Our plan was to raise awareness to this issue and potentially get people to donate to them since they were losing funds. Our project was not as successful as we would have liked but it was overall great learning experience for my group and I.

Our project was not successful and did not get as many views as we would have wanted. We would post on the blog consistently and we would promote our blog and petition on social media. However, we did not raise enough awareness to consider ourselves “successful”. For instance, in the span of three months, our petition only got 28 signatures. We promoted several times on our social media yet no one would signit. My group member Devin made several memes promoting the petition but, again, no one signed.

Another piece of evidence that shows that we did not raise awareness that our blog about Planned Parenthood didn’t get any views. The only views we got were from ourselves. Our most successful post was the post that introduced and welcomed people to our blog. That post got five views. One other post got 4 views and another got 3. The rest got one view, most likely from our teacher.

Due to our lack of view and signatures, it is safe to say that we did not contribute to raising awareness for Planned Parenthood. It was a learning experience though. We learned how to research using reputable sources and how to run a blog. This Planned Parenthood project could have been improved by promoting it more and making more mini projects like more presentations and uploading those and spreading them.

CC BY-SA 4.0 The Planned Parenthood Project by Kayla is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.