I created this blog on WordPress in order to raise awareness for the Rohingya refugee crisis in Myanmar. After all, not many people are aware of this topic or know who the Rohingya are. I also created an Instagram account meant to share this cause to a wider audience. I also started my petition, to have more news networks to cover this ongoing issue. Overall, my project has been a success.

My petition wasn’t successful. I only have 8 signatures for my petition. However, I’m supposed to have 100 signatures for my petition. So I was unable to raise more attention for Rohingya refugees on news networks. In addition, I was also unable to successfully promote this petition on my Instagram account. Despite of all of the social media posts I made about my petition, there still wasn’t a lot of traffic for my petition.

My blog on the other hand was more successful. So far, my blog has a total of 83 views and 31 visitors. In addition, I was also able to get some visitors from different countries, like Singapore, Bangladesh, Canada, and China. Also, a majority of visitors came from the United States. This shows how my blog was successful because I was able to spread information about the Rohingya refugee crisis to a wide variety of people from different parts of the world. In addition, one of my blog posts, “Welcome to My Blog!”, was able to get the most amount of views. This is important because of how this post discussed the purpose of my blog and some details about the Myanmar crisis.

My Instagram account was a mixed success. My most recent post has 9 likes and it is the most popular post I made on that account. This is important because of how this specific post focused on Rohingya refugee camps and the living conditions there. With this post having a lot of people who viewed and liked it, I was able to raise awareness about different aspects of the refugee crisis. I was able to get the attention of other Rohingya refugee accounts on Instagram. However, I only have one follower for my account and not a lot likes for many of my other posts on my account.

In conclusion, my project was both successful and unsuccessful. After all, my petition didn’t have enough signatures and many people viewed my blog.  Meanwhile, my instagram account was mainly a mixed success as well, with its disparaging amounts of viewership and likes.If I were to improve my project, I would post more social media posts and have more information about the Rohingya and their current state on my blog. I would also to promote my petition more frequently on my blog.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Recognizing Rohingya Refugee Reflection by Vera is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.