My name is Renee and I attend The Baccalaureate School of Global Education. In school, I am working on a group project with my classmates Rachel and Lina. We decided on the topic of diabetes and insulin prices. Insulin is needed for the human body because it regulates sugar levels and people with diabetes don’t produce them. Insulin is quite expensive, costing almost $10,000 a year and many can not afford it. Companies who are greedy and charge high prices must be called out and lower them. Our project wasn’t necessarily successful, since it is a major, global problem. Our blog gathered very few views, but our petition did do well. My name is Renee and I attend The Baccalaureate School of Global Education. In school, I am working on a group project with my classmates Rachel and Lina. We decided on the topic of diabetes and insulin prices. Insulin is needed for the human body because it regulates sugar levels and people with diabetes don’t produce them. Insulin is quite expensive, costing almost $10,000 a year and many can not afford it. Companies who are greedy and charge high prices must be called out and lower them. Our project wasn’t necessarily successful, since it is a major, global problem. Our blog gathered very few views, but our petition did do well. All in all, our blog got few views and our petition got over 900 signatures. If I were to redo this project again, I would promote everything more on social media, especially my blog. We were able to spread some awareness with our petition, but not our blog.

CC BY-SA 4.0 My Digital Activism Project by renee is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.