Hi, my name is Molly. For tech class we were asked to make a digital activism project based off a topic we were passionate about. We set a specific goal surrounding the topic we chose and then made blogs and difference social media accounts to help spread awareness about the topic. The topic me and my group members chose was Immigration and our goal was to make sure that New York remained a Sanctuary City. Our project was successful. We got a fair number of views on WordPress and even some comments from people telling us to keep up our blog and that we were very helpful because there are people on the internet trying to find information like this. We were also able to gain a following on Instagram.

One piece of evidence that shows our project was semi-successful is the number of views we got overall and the locations which we were able to reach. According to the WordPress statistics we got a total of 130 views, and we were able to gain views from 4 countries other than the United States (Ireland, India, Sweden and Australia). We also got comments that were from people from places like Idaho. They’ve left comments such as “whoah this weblog is excellent i really like studying your articles.Keep up the good work! You understand, lots of people are searchinground for this info, you can aid them greatly.”

A second piece of evidence that shows our project was successful is our instagram. We ewre able to gain 37 followers.We also got tagged on the post of a news host Ernie Anastos. We were able to gain some viewings on instagram as a result of our blog. By being tagged, we gained recognition from a much larger audience then we had before. This probably boosted our views and if we continue the project, may lead to an even larger boost in support.

In conclusion, our site was a success when we factor in the time we had to do it and the rescouces we had. Without spending a single dime we were able to get outside recognition from a media post and gain viewings and followings from different people who also supported the topic that we support.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Digital Activism, Immigration and Tech Class by Molly is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.