The discussion and stance of cat declawing has been widely ranged, with people claiming that declawing is okay, since it doesn’t matter whether their cat suffers from the long-term effects as the cat does not show the discomfort, but as long as it lives a long life.

A long life does not mean a happy life. A goldfish can live years in a tank of horrible conditions… fin rot, high ammonia waters, unfiltered tank, small gallons. A cat is the same, they’re born survivors. But if you consider your cat part of your family, don’t treat them like a decoration.

Declawing mutilates the paws: If performed on a human, declawing would be like cutting off each finger at the last knuckle. This is to prevent the claws from growing– ever. It’s the recovering period is painful: sore paws or swollen pads, yet owners use it cosmetically, just so they can prevent their cat from ruining sofas, couches, or to avoid training their cat from scratching. So in exchange for paper towels or cloth that gets scratched up, instead of buying a stable scratching post you can teach the cat to prefer, you choose to take away one of the cat’s natural abilities?

In the state of New York, you can walk into any vet clinic that you search up on google and pay for declawing freely. With 1,300+ supporters, we would like to stop this. Please spread awareness! Sign our petition!

https://www.change.org/p/andrew-m-cuomo-make-declawing-illegal-in-ny

CC BY-SA 4.0 Animal Cruelty, Human Greed. by Emilie is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.