In February, I created a blog about plastic pollution with two of my friends. I am very passionate about this topic. As a member of Generation Z, I realized how important is it to begin to take action to limit the amount of plastic we use. I wanted to help make a better life for myself and people in the future, which is why I decided to take part in the creation of this site. I want to take small steps to help solve a big problem. This site was part of my goal to create a world free of plastic pollution and its toxic impacts on humans, animals, waterways and oceans, and the environment. After 4 months, our project has been successful. We advocated the ban of plastic bags, and in April 22, 2019, New York governor Andrew Cuomo signed into law a statewide ban on single-use plastic bags. In addition, we gained many views and supporters during this project.

Our blog has been successful. In total, our blog has received 162 views and 69 visitors. In addition, we got a few views from Ireland, China, and Martinique. Our blog post titled “DIY Mason Jar Tumbler” has the most views (https://plasticearth.home.blog/2019/04/16/diy-mason-jar-tumbler/). It was our first DIY post. It was to encourage our viewers to take action and give them suggestions on how to do so. It provided a direct guide to making something beneficial to the environment. It was fun, informative, and got our viewers to do something meaningful. The popularity of our blog and DIY post indicate that we have gained supporters and our project has been successful.

In addition, our petition has gained many supporters. As part of our project, we created a petition on change.org titled “Charge for plastic bags at major supermarkets and food chains in New York.” In only 4 months, our petition has received 59 signatures and 59 supporters. Our petition has not received any constructive comments. We updated our viewers on our petition 7 times on our blog and promoted it 3 times on Twitter, 3 times on Instagram, and 3 times on Facebook. Since we promoted it so heavily across our popular Instagram accounts, it became successful. Our avocation has succeed, leading to the ban of single-use plastic bags. New York governor Andrew Cuomo signed into law a statewide ban on single-use plastic bags in April 2019. Our goal has been achieved, proving how our blog and petition has been successful.

Our plethora of evidence of successful and engaging blog posts and petitions demonstrate how our project has been successful. We gained many supporters and views on our posts. Our blog has many posts about plastic pollution and steps to take to improve our situation, and many people have noticed and read it. If we had to redo our project again, I’d try to promote it more on social medias to improve views. Regardless of the success we had, we hope that future visitors of our site will recognize our goal and help us achieve a better future.

CC BY-SA 4.0 The Creation of our Plastic Pollution Blog by Trinity is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.