1. Olivia 4 weeks ago

Hi, I disagree with you when you said “it will help our country succeed further and become a safe place not only for us now, but for generations to come also.” A wall is simply a symbol of hate and doesn’t actually detour crime. How would the physical wall prevent crime better than actual boarder security? https://ced.berkeley.edu/events-media/news/five-problems-trumps-wall-wont-solve-according-to-professor-emeritus-michae Here is an article that states how the problems won’t be solved with a wall. I would like to hear more of what you have to say in response to this article.

2. Max 1 month ago

Hello, I disagree with you because of the cost effectiveness. There are already fences on the boarder in places that the wall would be placed. How would a thicker barrier make that much of a difference? In terms of stopping drugs and such it is literally only the difference of how strong the throwing arm is on the Mexican side of the boarder. Fox news reported that the wall would cost 70 billion dollars to put up and up to 750 million every year to maintain its integrity. This can be found at https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/trumps-border-wall-how-much-it-will-actually-cost-according-to-a-statistician. To me it simply doesn’t make sense how something that doesn’t help our problems drastically and costs us so much could even be considered a solution. If you have ever seen the first scene of the movie Mulan you know that boarder walls are no match for determination.

3. Samantha 6 months ago

Dear: Clayton

I am so excited by your post, “Immigration,” because I think that this is a very important issue and of which we must be very informed. I think your publication has very good pros and cons.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “Professor Dudley Poston, a researcher of demographics at Texas A&M University says, “Studies both of historic and contemporary border walls made it very clear they simply do not work” (Gabbatiss, 2019).” I think this is true because all drugs and everything we do not want will continue to happen because that never ends. I think the wall is not going to change any of that.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because I like the way you express yourself. These subjects I like for all the information that it provides.

Samantha M.