Beyond the bipolar weather of steaming summers and blustery winters

Beyond the spaces where pollen fluctuates and mold grows

Beyond the honking of cars and screeching of brakes of afternoon traffic jams

Like UT students roaming the streets at night or

the bar goers coming and going into the clubs

Beyond the clicks of camera of the tourist documenting Austin’s loved graffiti

Beyond the rhythm of the guitar of the aged old men,

Walking with their guitars on their backs like a badge of a sheriff,

their stringy grey hairs flowing with the humid air of austin.

Beyond the Metro Rapid turning into the Night Owl at night,

Stopping at 4 am in the morning, picking up tired overworked men.

Below the poverty that surrounds Austin city streets

Beyond the city kids running to discover something they’ve seen but just noticed

Before the light goes out at night

Before the skies lighten, and the birds start singing.

The warmth and neighboring feeling always comes to you

CC BY-SA 4.0 The Warmth of a City by Jada is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Eclas 4 months ago

Your poem reminds of something that I made once. One time, I had to make a poem of my place and it was really hard getting all descriptive and keeping a well structured poem and a good flow through out the whole poem.

Thanks for your poem! I look forward to seeing what you make next because this poem is really incredible!

2. Eclas 4 months ago

Dear Jada :

I am fascinated by your poem, “The Warmth of A City,” because I love how your poem described the place so well. It felt as I was there my self. I had a whole image about this place with just your description.

One part of your poem that stands out for me is where your flow was neat. I think this is incredible because some people can never keep a flow through out some poems. And its incredible how neat and clear your poem is. Your poem is very well structured!

Another part that I liked is where you used the word ¨beyond¨ or ¨Before¨ as a starting sentence. This stood out for me because those two starting sentences you sticked with made your poem well structured in my eyes.

Your reminds me of something that I made once. One time…

Thanks for your . I look forward to seeing what you make next, because…