The people of Denton, Texas voted to ban hydraulic fracturing or fracking. Despite being outspent 10-1 by the oil and gas industry in the month leading up to the vote, the people of Denton passed the state’s first local fracking ban with a citizen-led referendum.

House Bill 40, which was overwhelmingly passed by the Texas State Legislature, stripped cities and towns of their right to make decisions about oil and gas drilling in their communities. Instead, H.B. 40 put that power in the Texas Railroad Commission (TRC) — a state agency that’s completely owned by the industry it’s supposed to regulate.

Incidents like these if continued can completely make voting for our beliefs useless, so as a community with limited time left on this Earth, we should try our hardest to fight again these companies and make a stand for the betterment of the WORLD!

CC BY-SA 4.0 Fracking: The Corrupt Truth by Jacob is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.