The carnival is important to me because it comes around on my birthday and it gives me a place to have fun. When you first walk into the carnival you smell funnel cakes, corn dogs and cow poop. You hear screams of excitement, amusement, and laughter. You feel the energy and vibes of positivity.

As Texas tends to be a dusty place, so does the carnival where you always leave a little bit dustier than when you arrived. Additionally, you know you had a fun day at the carnival when you could feel your tired legs from walking to and from the city bus that runs to the carnival. If you are a people watcher, the carnival has many diverse types of people, all having fun in one big dusty, adventurous place.

CC BY-SA 4.0 The Carnival by Jada is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Vanessa 2 months ago

Dear jada,
    I am happy about your poem because carnivals were a big part of my childhood.
    One part of your poem that stands out for me is where you describe the smell of the funnel cake. I think this is awesome because that’s how I remember the carnival. The smell of funnel cake and me always wanting to eat it . Thanks for your poem. I look forward to seeing what you make next because you did a good job explaining how you view the carnival.

2. Sonia 4 months ago

The carnival is also one of the places I love. The pictures are nice and you gave good descriptions.

3. Ikaika 4 months ago

Just as important as it is to be one with yourself , fun brings that out. This is a good description of what it means to have a good time, and how the place around you can change the view of what happiness means to you.