The way that Blake starts the poem with the last line of the first stanza with, “Could frame thy fearful symmetry? “, leaves us with a sign of confusion since we lack knowledge of what the Tyger is to become. The comment clearly establishes a basic understanding of how Blake leaves us in the beginning of the poem with a sense of suspense but closes off with “Dare frame thy fearful symmetry?” which close out with us knowing that this Tyger is great but what dare goes against it?

This comment stands out to me in particular because it opens up my eyes to a perspective I haven’t thought from. Maybe the Tyger is being represented this way because Blake wants to deepen our understanding of the Tyger. Angelina has helped me realize that the Tyger is being shown as big and bright but also as strong , fearless and untouchable.
The 2 questions that this poem raise for me is if I look at myself as bright as this Tyger and if this Tyger has any flaws. The question i want to go in depth with is if i look at myself the same way Blake looks at this Tyger. The poem does not necessarily answer this question but it does give us some insight on finding one. It’d take some self reflection, but also some comparison. The Tyger is so great , bright and undying which cant be touched by anything.

CC BY-SA 4.0 My Thoughts on The Tyger By William Blake by Joshua is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.