Becoming a nurse is my career goal, specifically I would like to be a pediatric nurse because I like children. Some things that I know that you need for sure to be able to be a nurse is that you need to have your high school diploma to start a college program. Also you need money to attend college, either personally or through scholarships. I really do not know much more about how to become a nurse.

I would like to know everything that I need to be a nurse, so I can qualify to apply for a nursing job. In the state of Texas, what are some quick ways to become a nurse? What is the most affordable way to study nursing? Like, is Austin Community College the quickest and cheapest way to learn nursing? How long do students have to study to complete their nursing degree? Is it a degree or is it just a certification necessary to be hired as a nurse?

“Applicants must provide documentation of immunizations at time of application. Students accepted into the program are required to have a physical examination and verify annual tuberculosis status. CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation) training must be completed prior to enrollment and maintained throughout the Associate Degree Nursing Program.”

After gaining experience providing nursing care for children, a pediatric nurse can take an exam to become a Certified Pediatric Nurse (CPN). To become a pediatric nurse practitioner, you will need to meet these requirements in addition to your RN:

CC BY-SA 4.0 Burning Question by Lizeth is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.