Below is my multimedia presentation about insulin!

Below is a link to one of my blogs! Check it out!

I choose advocating for affordable insulin as my digital activism topic because I wanted to spread awareness for diabetic patients. I feel like diabetic patients deserve the right to be able to purchase a life saving drug. It is unethical that the FDA and insulin companies charge so much for insulin. At times diabetic patients are forced to choose between purchasing their insulin or buying other living necessities. Some are forced to ration their insulin. Diabetic patients can die from insulin deficiency from rationing their insulin. It is unacceptable that patients have to go through this. Insulin is a life saving drug and has to be acceptable for everyone. These are the reasons why I choose to advocate for affordable insulin.

My multimedia presentation is linked above and it shows the dangers of unaffordable insulin. It explains what insulin is and why diabetic patients need insulin to survive. It shows how insulin process has drastically increased over the few years. My video shows the deaths caused by unaffordable insulin. I made this video in order to continue spreading awareness and to make sure people understand the consequences unaffordable insulin has on people. I want to make sure that people know that unaffordable insulin is not a joke and has to be changed before we run out of time.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Dangers of Unaffroable Insulin by Rachel is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.