I chose to make a video about this because in my personal transition I have encountered a fair amount of incompetence from the professionals involved. In fact right now I am a month late on my second lupron shot because there has been a delay at the pharmacy and now there are issues getting ahold of the clinic. So issues with medical training about trans health and LGBT issues in general hits close to home for me.

The way that modern medical school curriculum treats LGBT patients causes suffering in the LGBT community and needs to be addressed. This is an issue which we as a society need to tackle, and based on the research, med students are the solution.

However, no one can solve the problem without knowing it exists, so it is important to be informed about this issue to the health of members of the LGBT community, especially trans people.

I talk more about trans health on my wordpress blog

CC BY-SA 4.0 Medical education about LGBT health by Amy is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.