I chose to work on the topic of Rohingya refugees because of how the persecution they face is not talked about. Before this project, I didn’t know much about the Myanmar crisis except for how Myanmar’s president was under house arrest. This made me research more about topic and how it led to me discovering that the Rohingya had terrible living conditions and how they get terrorized by Myanmar’s nationalist groups. Considering how much this crisis hurt the Rohingya, who were trying to live their lives, and how this event parallels many historical events, like the Holocaust, it made me that realize how horrible it is that something like that is happening now. When I asked some of my friends about this topic, they didn’t know about this crisis or who the Rohingya are. So when I got the opportunity to choose a digital activism project, I chose this topic in order to share information about the Rohingya to a wider audience.

In this presentation, it focuses on the Rohingya and how they have been discriminated against by Myanmar’s government. Not many people even know who the Rohingya are. Through my presentation I can help raise awareness towards this topic by describing what happened the Rohingya throughout history. This way more people can become interested in this topic, share this information to friends or family, and find places to donate towards this cause.

If you want more information on the Rohingya, check out my blog: https://rohingyarefugees92.home.blog/

CC BY-SA 4.0 Recognizing Rohingya Refugees by Vera is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.