,

Hello everyone! I created a video describing the benefits of Medical Marijuana. For all those who prefer to read, I will be including a summary down below.

Summary/Description:

Medical Marijuana has proven to be more effective than its alternatives in the medical field, and is especially helpful for chronic pain. Around 7 million Americans use Marijuana for medical purposes and it has proven to be effective, in many patients including that of chronic pain, while being a lot amount safer than opioids.

Marijuana contains a hemp plant known as CBD, that offers many medical benefits. According to one study: “Patients do, however, report many benefits of CBD, from relieving insomnia, anxiety, spasticity, and pain to treating potentially life-threatening conditions such as epilepsy. “ According to another cannabis study: “Ninety-seven per cent of respondents used cannabis primarily for chronic pain. Average pain improvement on a 0–10 pain scale was 5.0 (from 7.8 to 2.8), which translates to a 64% relative decrease in average pain”

Lastly, a lot of doctors use placebo, but it is proven that Medical Marijuana is more effective.“patients who received cannabis-based products experienced less nausea and vomiting than subjects who received placebo”.

In conclusion, Medical Marijuana should be legalized in many states, because of its positive benefits, as well as being more effective than its alternatives.

Lastly, be sure to check out our blog! We include many memes and descriptions of topics, for all of you who are new to this topic. Here’s one of our more popular memes: https://weeducation420.wordpress.com/2019/05/10/toy-story-weed/

CC BY-SA 4.0 Benefits of Medical Marijuana by Kai is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Elle 1 month ago

The Need for Marijuana Legalization
    A controversial topic across the United States is whether or not marijuana should be legalized. It has already been legalized completely in ten states and medicinally in 24 (Source I). Those opposed to the idea claim marijuana is addictive and bad for user’s mental health (Hawkins). However, the benefits majorly outweigh the negatives addressed by those against the legalization of marijuana. There are positive reasons behind legalizing marijuana medicinally and recreationally across the united states and it could positively boost the economy and help those with certain medical issues and mental diseases. The legalization of marijuana will boost the economy, allow those suffering medical issues options to other therapies, and promote consumer and public safety.
    Legalizing marijuana will boost the economy by creating hundreds of thousands of jobs nationwide, gaining millions of dollars of revenue through taxes and tourism, and saving on law enforcement time and resources. A study published in 2017, shows there is $2.40 in economic activity for every dollar spent on legal weed proving that everyone in communities of legal weed are benefiting from a taxed and regulated system, whether they support legalization or not (Adams). Colorado’s Governor Hickenlooper was opposed to the 2012 initiative allowing recreational use of Cannabis as he feared increased use by children. However, Hickenlooper changed his mind as there was not an increase in Colorado children cannabis use and he boasted about the tax revenues for social programs that regulated states provided (Source H). A trade of this magnitude needs the backing of federal government to open up the possibility of over 1 million new jobs and over $131 billion dollars in federal tax revenue (Adams).
    One of the main pushes for marijuana legalization is based on the treatment it provides for many medical and psychological issues. Medical marijuana helps to control pain, ease nausea, treat loss of appetite, and improve muscle control problems. The use of medical marijuana has been known to help control seizures in children. Another major medical benefit and reason for marijuana use is the many psychological and neurological disorders it helps aleve. These psychological disorders include but are not limited to anxiety, depression, Huntington’s, parkinson’s, and alzheimers. (Source J). There is no reason that citizens across the country should be denied access to a plant that helps cure and aleve the pain and effects of numerous disorders.
    The legalization of marijuana also promotes consumer and public safety. When citizens use legal and regulated marijuana they are informed about the product they are using as opposed to those using unregulated marijuana. There are also regulations and requirements for the production of legal marijuana that ensure and promote consumer safety (Macedo). Legalizing marijuana also helps to promote public safety as law enforcement is given more time to focus on the safety of the general public rather than individual pot users (Adams). A study done in Colorado where weed is legal, shows that the state spends $4.50 to combat public health and safety issues for every dollar spent on legal weed (Adams).The truth of the matter is marijuana will be used whether or not it is legalized, so it might as well become a regulated product through legalization allowing law enforcement to spend their time on issues that are actually a threat to society.
    The need for the legalization of marijuana federally across the country is rather explicit. Between the immense positive economical benefits to the immense medicinal benefits, one can clearly see the overwhelming positive outcomes that will arise in our nation through marijuana legalization. We are at a time in our nation where there are countless studies and research that has been conducted that can conclude legalizing marijuana truly causes more good than harm as seen through the thirty four states that have already legalized marijuana recreationally and medically.

2. Abraham 1 month ago

Dear Kai:
    I am Abraham. I am very interested on your post, “Benefits of Medical Marijuana,” because there are many uses of marijuana that can be use for good. One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “Medical Marijuana has proven to be more effective than its alternatives in the medical field, and is especially helpful for chronic pain. ” I think this is interesting because chronic pain has been a serious problem and now there could be a cure. I hope you can keep up the good work.