,

I created this presentation to address the rapid growth of homelessness in NYC. Homelessness has been an ongoing issue for awhile with no permanent solution yet. Most people are aware of this issue, but many had just tossed it aside or completely ignored it. Therefore, I want to show our community and fellow New Yorkers the severeness of this issue. Majority of us live in a community where we are fortunate enough to gain access to housing during severe wether conditions and have access to food and water. But we have to remember that approximately 12,000 New Yorkers aren’t privileged enough to have a place where they can call home.

In my presentation above, New York City accounted for 14 percent of the countries homelessness in 2017. This is shocking since New York is such a minor state in size compared to California, which holds a rate for about 7.8%. And by 2018, the rates skyrocketed by 2.8% from 2017. This may not seem much but with the rapid growth every year, there will be more and more people without homes; resulting in more people sleeping on the streets and public transportation. In order to prevent this crisis from spreading even more, please spread this post in hopes of building more homeless shelters throughout NYC.

Please visit my blog: https://wordpress.com/view/homesfortomorrowcom.wordpress.com

CC BY-SA 4.0 The Growth of Homelessness in NYC by Shirley is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.