,

The Tampon Tax is a sales tax which taxes menstrual products. The tax is regressive which shows how unfair this tax is. It is not only unfair to women, but it is unfair to low-income households. I created a project which explains how the tampon tax affects low-income households. I feel that this is a very important topic which needs to be acknowledged because it is a big issue for many women.

Women in low-income households cause women in low-income households to pay a greater proportion than higher-income households. This only gives more reason to why the tampon tax should be removed. Not only does it negatively affect low-income households, but it has a negative effect on all women since they must purchase these products to carry on with their daily lives. These products are a necessity for female hygiene and the tax is only making it more unaffordable for women.

I created a presentation which explains the effect of the tampon tax on low-income households.

In addition, my friends and I have created a blog called “Luxury Tax Ain’t It” with the attempt to raise awareness about the negative effects of the tampon tax and explaining why it should be removed. Here is the link: luxurytaxaintit.wordpress.com

CC BY-SA 4.0 The Tampon Tax by Karishma is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.