Plastic pollution has grown significantly in society, and not enough action is being taken to reduce it. Plastic pollution is the accumulation of plastic waste in the environment that affects wildlife, wildlife habitat, and humans. Plastic debris originates from the land, where litter from people on the beach blows into the ocean, and the ocean where garbage from ships and boats are disposed at sea.

I created a video presentation to highlight the negative effects of plastic pollution on marine life. Our actions are killing animals and the plastic is ending up in our food. I created this video because i wanted to create awareness of the issues concerning plastic pollution. I wanted to bring up topics that I didn’t see mentioned as much as it should, such as the Great Pacific Garbage Patch. I want to highlight how bad the problem is becoming. It is killing animals and ending up in the food we eat. We must fix our mistake and take action to reduce plastic pollution, and I hope this video will encourage people to help.

Learn about how plastic is affecting our environment! #plastickills

I also created a blog with other students to create awareness. Our goal is to ban plastic bags in major supermarkets. Plastic bags is a widely used plastic product. According to the U.S. International Trade Commission, about 100 billion polyethylene retail carrier bags, or PRCBS, are sold in the U.S. per year in May 2009. It is clear that banning plastic bags can dramatically decrease this amount, and the effects of plastic bags on our environment. Plastic bags have also proven to be very dangerous to sea life. They have a greater ability to suffocate sea creatures. In addition, when they degrade, they release large amounts of micro particles, which are enviably consumed by marine life. It may also release toxic compounds that can enter the food chain. Check out our blog for more information. We reblog, post about interesting videos, and provide a lot of information about plastic pollution. To go to our blog, click here.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Plastic Pollution by Trinity is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.