Hello, my name is Junia A., I am a student in New York City, and I am using Youth Voices Live in an effort to raise social awareness about Mental Health in society. The inspiration for this Mental Health awareness post stems primarily from the fact that in today’s society, mental health is a prevalent issue, and yet it faces widespread misunderstanding and is often the root for many harmful stigmas that ultimately hurt our society. I also have personal connections with this topic, as many of my family members and friends have struggled with mental health problems- something that has made me care deeply about this issue.

Ultimately, my goal is to do my best to educate members of our society about mental health- in the hopes that raising awareness will help people be more understanding of the problem, and more inspired to make an effort to help the millions of people worldwide who suffer in the face of society’s stigmas. Recently, I created a video presentation in which I debunk three major mental health stigmas. The stigmas and myths surrounding mental health and mental illness are detrimental to everyone in society, and the only way they can be stopped is by educating people to the truth. In this video, I attempt to help in this educational process by raising awareness about and debunking the common (and incorrect) misconceptions about mental health.

If you care about or are interested in learning about mental health and mental illness, be sure to watch my video:

If you enjoyed that, or found it educational, I also have my own WordPress blog- Psychologically Strong- which can be found here:

https://psychologicallystrong.wordpress.com

Further, here is a sneak peak at my blog post from last week about Dissociative Disorders (just one of the many aspects of mental health that my blog covers):

CC BY-SA 4.0 Mental Health Awareness by Junia is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.