,

My group and I have created several blog posts to get attention from others about the high rates of poverty in America. The topic of poverty is extremely important as we have children and families experiencing poverty. Students from impoverished households tend to have lower levels of verbal and reasoning skills than their peers because their parents are less likely to read to them. With longer working hours, lower levels of education, and fewer literary resources, poor parents are unable to give their kids the same level of attention and thus their children learn a much more limited vocabulary. Moreover, poor children have often not been asked to find solutions to problems or received advice on how to handle difficult situations before entering school. As a result, a study done in 1995 found that poor children had heard 32 million fewer words than other students starting school. Clearly, kids our age are not having the best start to life.

In addition, I made a presentation about several facts about poverty which is at the top. The presentation fits into poverty as it shows certain statistics on poverty in America and powerful figures who agree with our claims.

Check our blog,

https://wordpress.com/view/povertynyc702223502.wordpress.com

CC BY-SA 4.0 Limit Poverty by Aarush is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.