My project was about air pollution. I decided to choose air pollution because I feel like it’s a topic not that many people are informed about and that’s not good because the more we keep polluting our air the higher change we have dying. So I wanted to be an upstander to stop bullying the air.

For me being an upstander means doing actions to raise awareness and trying to make a difference but also being professional while doing your actions. Professionalism is very important while being an upstander because you don’t want to lose your credibility or the people that are supporting you.

Something I learned was that I can become an upstander about any issue that I feel like needs to be addressed. I may not make a drastic change but I know I can raise awareness to people who don’t really know about the issue.

As an upstander I learned that it takes some maturity to get a lot of people to support you. Also, it takes a lot of planning just to do your actions to raise awareness.

The next step I’m taking to being an upstander is to keep posting on the instagram me and my teammates made. I’m doing this to keep on raising awareness about air pollution and get a bigger audience.

My advice for people who want to become upstanders is to be creative with what you are going to do. Also, make sure to stay professional because you don’t want to lose your credibility and your audience.   

CC BY-SA 4.0 Upstander Reflection by Bryan is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.