,

Gun violence

The project that I was working on was my upstander project. This project was about how can we bring awareness on a topic. My topic was gun violence in schools. Being an upstander to me it means to bring awareness on an issue and to make actions to address the topic. During this project I learned that I am capable of doing actions to address my issue. As an upstander I learned that some things are hard to bring together such as the moment of silence that only two advisories did. Some next steps that i can take for this issue is to educate others on this issue. Some advice I would give to other upstanders is to not give up with their actions.

CC BY-SA 4.0 School Shootings by Diego is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Matthew 1 week ago

I don’t think that this is an issue that needs much direct education upon it. I think learning about the complexities of mental health and educating people about that is more valid than focusing on horrific actions taken by disturbed individuals. This is just a roundabout way of saying that you should think about your project as being a way to talk about mental health in its most extreme and how people can help to stop these atrocities from happening. I think that you did a good job on your project, but I think that you need to really think about how this comes off and how people need to be educated on the why, not the how people do these things.