My group and I project for the last the last 3 weeks we worked on an project where we can pick a topic that we care about, and we had to be upstanders for that topic. My group decided to do flyers and post them around the school so that people can get more information about our topic. Then we wanted to do shirts so that people can wear them and people can see what is going on with immigrants. Another action that we did is create an instagram so that more people can see our topic(@immigrants_R_People_Too). In this project I learned how to be an upstander in many ways. I think being an upstander for me is not just watching and don’t do anything and just be a bystander, being an upstander is helping out, fighting for them. Something that I learn about myself is that when I pick a topic that relates to me or I really care about I really do good because I am very interested on that. One of many things I learn from being upstander is that you got to do a lot of different things so that a change can happen. I think a next step that I would would be presenting my trifold to other people so that they can get information and see what is happening. I would also try to keep posting on our instagram because a lot of people are there. Lastly, I would want to make shirts so that people can wear them so that people can think about what is happening and can be upstanders for immigrants. I think some advice I would give if people want to be upstanders is there no right way of doing it but u gotta fight for others because they can’t fight because they are oppressed.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Immigration issue by Victor is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.