Bounce from left to right, then pass.
Can’t play unless you talk trash.
Went to jump and got knocked down.
Need to focus on what’s around.

On the court, from side to side
Run so fast it’s like a slide.
Don’t stay on the court too late —
You’ll get faced with lots of hate.

Going up for a lay-up
Close to the end, it’s a dub!!
Can’t walk without people’s looks
Comparing me to those crooks.

I think I’m a human being,
But people’s eyes constantly beaming.  

CC BY-SA 4.0 Playing the Game of Life by Isaiah is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Terren 2 months ago

I believe this poem is about how he express himself through basketball and how judgmental and serious some people take it.

2. Armoni 2 months ago

Isiah Feels as though the sport of basketball makes him feel comfortable he goes on to say everyday he walks around he is thinking about basketball. this is good because he has something that can help him become better as a man with the lessons and adventures that come with basketball.

3. Jalynn Griffin 2 months ago

I think this is good because Isiah talks about how basketball and real life are alike. I like when he said “Can’t walk without people looks, Comparing me to those crooks”. He is saying that even though he play sports, the color of his skin give people in the outside world that doesn’t know him the vibe that he is just like everybody else that is the same color as him that does nothing but crime.

4. b woods 2 months ago

In this short poem he’s basically expressing his emotions through a sport that he feels comfortable doing so. This is great for him because basketball is something thats always around when he needs to express himself.