1,2,3,4 then run fast
Hurry before they catch up
Chasing you for what you are
Run with the ball and pass it

They pass it back and you run
Coming for your life it’s on
Chasing you again, you run
Make a point and love will come

You miss and hate will come, if
You stop and they will catch up
You shoot and panic and miss
Time is up and you are alone

All you had to do is shoot
What you think is hate is love

CC BY-SA 4.0 Pelham Bay Park by Octavio is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Fatjon 4 months ago

Dear Octavio

I am interested by your poem “ Pelham Bay Park” because I live very near to Pelham Bay park and I like the way you are describing life there.

One part of your poem that stand out for me is where “Hurry before they catch up”, this line surprises me because I think that you are saying something about sports but then this line could have another meaning like running from someone for something that you did.

Another part that i found interesting is where “ Chasing you for what you are” . This stood out for me because what i got from that line is that people can be jealous and will hate you for what you are.

Thanks for your poem. I really enjoyed it.
    b

2. Isaiah 4 months ago

Dear Octavio:
    I am Interested by your poem, “Pelham Bay Park,” because I used to live around that area and took the same trains as you so it’s kind of cool to go to the same school as that person.
    One line that stands out for me is, “All you had to do was shoot” I think this line is striking because you seem like you are talking about basketball and soccer but then it seems like a deeper meaning if you think about it on a deeper level.
    Another line that stands out for me is, “Chasing you again, you run” I think this line is interesting because You seem like you are running from something deeper than just an opponent.
    Thanks for your poem. I look forward to seeing what you make next. because you you are a good detailed writer and know how to get a reader attracted to your writing

3. Oliver 4 months ago

Dear Octavio

I’m assuming that this is about soccer or some sport. If it is then I really like how you didn’t straight up say it but instead made hints to it such as ball, pass, and shoot.

One line that stands out for me is You miss and hate will come. This line is intriguing because of how it’s talking about something that should be enjoyable yet when you describe it, it seems like if you aren’t good at what you do you will be an outsider who nobody cares for.

4. Holley 4 months ago

Dear Octavio

I enjoyed your poem it feels very personal and i like that.

One part of your poem that stands out for me is where you said What you think is hate is love I think this is interesting because it really catches you attention.

Thank you for writing this i enjoyed it very much.