I have lived near the East River for about 9-10 years. Depending on what building and window you are looking out of ,you can see how beautiful the view is. In the fall and winter it does become extremely cold because of living o close to the river. Although in the summer it can be very refreshing when you are walking near bay. It can also be a good place for a picnic, date, and even some where you can go when you need to be by yourself and think about life.

A good memory that I have walking near the East River is when i went with my friends and we just talked and jumped around. It was very fun and exciting to be near the water. The view is very beautiful and crossing the bridge to go to Randall’s Island was also very fun. Randall’s island is a park that has many activities  like mini golfing , horseback riding , and playing on baseball fields etc. I have been to Randall’s island several times through programs and friends.

Although the East River has the word river in it , it’s not actually a river. It is a salt water tidal. It doesn’t always smell good around there but the smell isn’t that distracting because the only distraction would be the water and the scenery. You can’t go swimming but you can go on boat rides and go under the bridge the crosses over to Randall’s Island.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Jaylins’ Special Place by Jaylin is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.