1. Lauren 10 months ago

Matthew, I enjoyed reading your article! I agree that everything that happens for a reason and that you don’t realize the full impact until it happens to you. I believe you come out of it way stronger than you went in. I believe things we go through are just bumps in the road that you will get through and you will come away with something you didn’t know before. I also have a story for you. I have scoliosis and I wore a brace for three years starting in 5th grade. I hated it at first. I thought it was the worst thing in the world. But then I realized with the support of my family that it is just a bump in the road and that I was faced with this challenge and can overcome it. I wore the brace over clothes, out in public and didn’t care who knew or who saw it. It is apart of me and and I am not afraid to admit it! I am glad your mom is a fighter and you can get through anything with the support of family and friends!