When I was little I would go to the park
At Anne Loftus Playground
to play in the jungle gym
I played there every day, all year around.

I would go sledding, with my parents
To make snow angels and  a snowman
I would help my dad clean his car from the snow
But he was a very slow man

We would make a snowman
But the branches were buried
In inches of snow
I was so short I had to be carried

In the summer it was always crowded with kids
I will convince my parents to take me
we could get Ice Cream from the Ice Cream truck together
There were so many flavors, we could never agree

At Anne Loftus Playground
The summer had long hot days
But I had fun all year around

CC BY-SA 4.0 Anne Loftus Playground by Angelina is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Charissa 3 months ago

Dear Angelina:
    I am exuberant by your poem “ Anne Loftus Playground” because one of my favorite places is park also that i use to go everyday after school to be with my friends.
    One part of your artwork that stands out for me is where you spoke about how much you use to love the place so much but you grew out of it,because that’s how i also feel about my favorite place. I feel like that place will always be my favorite memory.
    Thanks for your poem I look forward to seeing what you make next, because maybe in the future it can become your children favorite place or maybe you can start going back there and hang during the summer time.

2. Nathan 3 months ago

I like the imagery you used and how you incorporated rhyming into your poem.