J Hood Wright Park is a place where little kids go to scream at the top of their lungs just to play tag. It’s a place where they beg their parent to buy them ice cream right in the corner to get a sugar rush. It’s a place where the community of Washington Heights comes together and sees the bright side of it. I know recent there’s been three death around Washington Height but i know thats what other people see if they don’t live there but we are a community that everyone knows everyone, and the park is a big effect to that.

1. Carlos 1 year ago

I really like this picture essay. As someone who does not live in an area where there are a lot of bridges, if any, I have always found bridges to be cool and interesting. I think that the few sentences at the end are impactful. However, I think that if a little more background information was given to this park and the shooting that occurred, this essay could become even more beautiful. I appreciate you going and finding all these pictures from different angles. It gives the park life and depth.