1. Gwendolyn 9 months ago

Judith and Imelda,

I really enjoyed your post because I think that being an ally for the LGBTQ+ community is extremely important. One side that I think you need to address is the religious aspect. I know people who would never say anything bad about a person who identified as LGBTQ+, but who are very uncomfortable with the subject due to a religious objection. Middle schoolers are unlikely to actually cite their religious beliefs or the religious beliefs of their family as the reason that they are bullying or being unkind to an LGBTQ+ youth, but it maybe an underlying factor. I would suggest adding something to your proposed presentation about reconciling certain religious faiths and caring for and supporting LGBTQ+ people. I might cite powerful figures from major religions who have spoken out positively on the subject, but there are many other options too.

But again, really nice work and clear layout of your ideas!
    Gwen