In a publication on entrepreneur.com by Amishi Mehta, an entrepreneur and Business Advisor, she describes more similarities between self made successful people. She described the most important trait of success as staying focused. Mehta stated “Successful people take the requisite steps to help them stay on track, avoid distractions. They do not make excuses. They take a task & keep at it until they have achieved the desired results.” Although this is an unsupported claim by the author, all of the previous studies corroborate it. Persistence and hard work are almost requisites on the pass to success. By being invested in a subject, the person is exposed to the facilities and difficulties of the goal, whether is be academic career or other success. She goes into more detail about the popular characteristics of successful businessmen and entrepenuers, with a strong emphasis on staying popular and keeping goals for yourself. By keeping goals and positivity, a person can learn from their failure but remain motivated. Taking risks towards a dream that may seem achievable pushes an individual. As the saying by Norman Vincent Peale goes, “Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you’ll land among the stars.” She also explains that being unique and acting outside what is characterized as “normal”. Being unique sets a person up to stand out in a good way.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Characteristics of Success by Anthony is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Mia 6 months ago

I agree with you. Staying focus is an important key to success. I think everyone wants to be successful yet some will never figure out how to achieve their goals. Success can be defined in multiple ways. Understanding what success means to you will provide guidance upon learning about what you need to do to be successful. Therefore, staying focus is the last step one should take to be successful.