The FLDS Church teaches the doctrine of plural marriage, which emphasizes that a man having multiple wives is a commandment by God. It is believed that a man should have at least 3 wives to fulfill the doctrine and the wives are assigned by someone of a higher power to the man. Warren Jeffs had up to 87 wives but surprisingly only 3 children which is very uncommon. The wives and girls in the community are required to wear long dresses, no makeup and generally do not cut their hair, they are seen somewhat as prairie girls. The children are homeschooled and very few actually ever attend school in their entire life. It is a much different way of life that we have in the present day and although some of their practices may be considered illegal they are still a valid sect of religion. There are many stigmas that come along with the FLDS and also the LDS especially being from Utah most things are centered around that. The FLDS people have a way of life unlike any other, if not a legal way of life at least it is an interesting one.