S

Stanley Kinard was an educator for over 30 years. He directed programs to educate the black young people. Mr Kinard made many contributions to the lives of many people. Whenever he was around, people learn something new.  Mr Kinard said in a summit that “education is like slavery for black and Latino kids”. In my head all I could think about was that he was right and no one has ever seen education or spoke about it that way. The first time I met Mr Kinard he said “some students always talk about change and injustice in the school system but how do you as students change that?” I hope to soon find out the answer.

In 2005, Mr Kinard ran for City Council for the 41st District he stated, “I am running to represent all the communities in the 41st, to bring active, dedicated leadership and to find creative solutions to long-term problems, particularly in Education and Economic Development. I believe my experience makes me uniquely qualified to fight for improving the quality of life for residents of Bedford Stuyvesant, Brownsville, East Flatbush, and Ocean Hill.” He wanted to change the way majority of people live and the education system because he believed that the curriculum was the reason why black and Latino kids drop out. Mr Stanley Kinard sadly passed away Saturday, April 6th, 2019. I wanted to thank Mr.Kinard for teaching me that if we want change, we as a people need to come together.

Mr Kinard wanted to educate people not only on the injustice in the school system but the injustice to people. His teachings will have you sitting back and think because his connections aren’t simple, he digs deep. I want to thank Mr.Kindard for being himself.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Stanley Kinard Tribute by Jada is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.