My name is Orlando Ramos. I was born in September of 2000 in Austin, Texas. I have lived in Austin my whole life, where I have made many friends and tried many things. Something important that happened to me was when I moved to the Northside of Austin right before starting middle school. It changed who I am mostly because I was surrounded by people I did not know. I had to make new friends and that’s where I know most of my friends currently.

I don’t really like school or any of the subjects I am required to take. I once took an after school robotics class in the 5th grade, but it was just so I could play with my friends. I don’t think I am good at any subjects in school, but there are some things that I don’t find that hard to do, like reading or math. Outside of school, I enjoy going out or hanging out with friends. Either we go out to eat, or play soccer; we always have a good time.

One thing I connected with is the topic of stray animals. I see a lot of strays in my neighborhood, especially in the apartment complex where I live. I think the city should be taking more action on trying to find these animals a home. It sometimes gets to me because I have a pet dog and I wouldn’t want to see her living in the streets with no food, water, and shelter.

CC BY-SA 4.0 One Thing by Orlando is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Sante 5 months ago

Hello Orlando! My name is Sante Di Sera and I am a highschool senior from Salt Lake City, Utah. While you say that you aren’t all too good at any subject, I believe your writing is honest and conversational. With more time to learn and enjoy school, I’m sure you’ll grow to discover what you love. I think it’s amazing that you care so much about stray animals and I’m sure – if you wanted – there is a local animal shelter that you can volunteer at and help animals. Best of luck in your future endeavours!