Some important places to me are the park, Virginia L. Brown Recreation Center, Fresh Cup Frozen Yogurt, Red Lobster, my boyfriend’s house. But if I had to choose my favorite it would have to be the park. I associate with it is because it was the place me and my boyfriend’s story begins and where my life changed for the better. The reason it’s important to me is because it’s the place where me and him first met. I can remember it like it was yesterday, it was March the 11th of 2018 and this is where it all began.

It was around 7 o’clock pm I was hanging out at the park with my sister and the other kids by the basketball court. That’s when he came from the back of the community, he was tall, and had dark brown eyes, short black hair that cover his ears. At that moment, I had this aching feeling in my chest that made me feel like my heart was gonna explode. Next thing I know I feel those dark kobicha eyes lock into mine as I looked right back at him. After our eyes unlock he starts to walk towards me, my first thought was what should I do, but it was to late he was already in front of me. So the only thing I can think of is to introduce myself , that’s when I heard it his voice was a deep medium tone that made me stop in my tracks. He told me his name was Ceco, and that his aunt lived in the back and then he asked if I was new over here. I told him yea that i had just moved over here in November.

That’s when he told me he was gonna join the new basketball game the others were playing, so I told him that I’ll go sit on the swings and wait for him to finish playing. A thirty minutes later, he came over to the swings and we started talking again. This time we talked about family, and things we liked to do. It was almost time for me to go back inside, so I asked him if he had any type of social media so we can text each other. He replied yes and so I told him my username then asked him for his phone so I can type it in. Before I noticed I felt the soft touch of his hand brush past mine as I grab the phone from his hands. I typed it in then handed it back that’s when he told me my hands were soft. I laughed and told him yea they are, and it was because I use baby lotion on my skin. While I still had time we talked some more until it was time to go. When 9 o’clock came we finally said our goodbyes, but I knew it was only the beginning .

1. MALCOLM PEET 1 year ago

Dear ahlexus:
    I am Happy with your description for your pictures of the park. The story is heartwarming.One part of your that stands out for me is where you mention the part about you first seeing your boyfriend for the first time and how you felt like you were going to explode. It stood out to me because I can definitely relate and I’m sure anybody that has had a crush let alone a relationship can relate as well.I think this is cute as well .Thanks for your art and writing,. I look forward to seeing what you make next, because these pictures were great and the descriptions were good as well.